Senior Drilling job for Completions and workover Engineering
position in Texas
Design well interventions, well testing, completions and workover
programs and develops procedures to deliver optimum drilling performance
(operational and well performance) and comply with Company's Drilling
Senior Drilling/Completions Engineer
* Provides overall engineering support to the operation from
the shorebase and has overall responsibility for optimising
well planning, costing and operations for one or more rigs.
KEY DELIVERABLES / KEY DIMENSIONS * Accountable for the direct contract management of all Engineering
and Completion Contractors under his direction.
* Responsible to Drilling Engineering / Completions Engineering Supervisor
for all HSE aspects of well design and completions.
* Accountable for the HSE Management of design, manufacture, testing
and putting in service of all well equipment used in well construction
and the implementation of WWD HSE Management Standards/ Policies and
BHPB Petroleum FRC in well design and construction.
* Assist with the planning, implementation and close-out of HSE Audits
of Contractors and their equipment.
* Senior Completions Engineer has similar competencies, training
experience and position description for completions and workovers.
BEHAVIOURAL & LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
* Good technical and operational understanding of drilling and/or
* Safety management skills.
* One or two areas of technical or operations expertise.
* Sound knowledge of WWD000 Drilling, Completion and Operational
Policies.ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Prepare well programs including the drilling program, job
programs, contingency plans for the well(s) for which they are
* Design well interventions, well testing, completions and workover
programs and develops procedures to deliver optimum drilling
performance (operational and well performance) and comply with
Company's Drilling standards.
* Specify, select, order and accept all well drilling materials
and services (well testing and completions materials) to meet
Company Drilling standards.
* Provide technical engineering support to operations (Drilling
* Identify and implement performance improvement initiatives
and monitor effectiveness.
* Assume responsibility for all well documentation.
* Monitor and measure well performance.
* Liaise with subcontractors, authorities and partners.
* Ensure well material and service providers comply with specified
quality assurance requirements.
* Supervise responsible drilling engineers in carrying out their
* Assist the responsible drilling engineer in conducting well-
and operational risk assessments and HAZOPS.
* Provide technical input to campaign risk assessments.
Ensure the formal documentation resulting from any well risk
assessment is included in the drilling programme for all wellsAUTHORITY
& WORKING RELATIONSHIPSEXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Engineering or Science Degree.
* GLP1 or equivalent management course.
* Supervisor's well control.
* Advanced drilling industry technical courses.
* Risk management course.
* Audit course.
* 7 plus years drilling and /or completions experience on several
different well types.
Job number: LX3211
Full Time Regular (USA)
US - Texas - Houston